Monday 11 October 2010

TIME STAND STILL! Now!






Hello everybody, I hope you had a awesome weekend. I had it, I had recovering much sleep, lost in the last two weeks because of the university. But, well I’m here for the task.

After all, I have to say that I hate to name some music piece like a favourite, because in my case, it change all the time. I have songs in a list, but it is something like my own Golden List, were I put songs that really touch me, forever and ever. At the moment, I have a song blowing my mind far far away. I don’t know when I heard it for the first time, but I remember what struck me out, and this is definately the lyrics. The song is called Time Stand Still and it is by RUSH, of their album Hold your Fire. The special thing of this song, is that it is an amazing description of when we all feel that the time is passing too fast, and we don’t even notice that we are living. Life is full of meaning, that we make from the impressions and and sensations that we take of it. But sometimes time flies, and we ignoring all this feelings, having a life without sense. The song said that the little moments of living and feel, like feel the wind, the light, the sun on you back, stop and “see all the people and places that sorrounds me now”, all the things that the most part of the time we let fade away from our memory, because we focus in other thing, like job, university, we focus on the comply, beyond the enjoy the minute of life. When finally realize this, we wish to freeze time for some minutes, and we would feel the really taste of living. The final task that this lyric said to us, is to live every feeling as the last. I like it very much, apart from music, the message is strong and true. In this moment, in this minute, in this freeze sensation, Time Stand Still is my favourite song. And next Sunday, I will hear it live in the concert of RUSH in Chile! I’m so happy!

Regards!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Graciela
    Great song indeed!
    Im not looking back but...
    I will be there too so maybe we will see each other.
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete