Friday 22 October 2010

Sing!






Hello dear classmates and teacher. Today I will tell you about a famous person that I would like to meet in the present. After look at a large list, I have chosen an important woman musician. Her name is Anneke Van Giersbergen, she is the singer of Agua de Annique and ex The Gathering. I would like to meet her because I’m admirer of her for too long ago, because her voice and creativity are unique and wonderful to me. I have seen her in a gig with Agua de Annique in 2009, and I love it, but now I would like to have a conversation with her and ask her for her life, for the things that she had to work and pass to be in the place she is. I think that her life weren’t easy, because she start her musician career very young, maybe she had to leave her family or boyfriend to get her goal.
I would like to tell her that she is so talent, well, she has to know it yet, but the thing is that I found in her an inspiration to go on in the music and band’s things. Also, that to my eyes, she is different from the rest of singers of her genre, there are many very talented women but she is the one that, for example, emphasize in the music, in the singing, and not in the image, she never want to be a sexy icon or a beautiful model to the audience, and I value it very much.
I think that meet her would be interesting because I listen her music, and I believe that it has very much of her within. Somehow I feel that maybe I am like her, because we both are singers and we both try to sing and play guitar or keyboards, but on instruments we aren’t very virtuous in a theoretical sight, we like the interpretation, our strong is the voice and what we can say, I think. She is very humble, so I would like to meet her someday and ask her for advice.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know this singer... Sounds interesting :)
    Regards, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I neither know this singer. But I see that you like the music....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryyyyy!!! please if you talk with her someday please tell her i would give her a child XDDDDD

    ReplyDelete