Friday 5 November 2010

Lost boys







Hello dear classmates and teacher. Today I want to talk about a film that I been watching since I was a child in the 90’s. A 1987 film called “Lost Boys” of the director Joel Schumacher take the vampire ancient figure and move it to the present, the 80’s present. When I was around six years old, I saw this movie with my uncle, and I remember that it didn’t fright me because the horror of the film is very charming, for example, the vampires look like young people that want to have fun like everyone, the music isn’t melodramatic but a soundtrack called “Cry little sister” that is a very sensual ballad, put the rock of it period, and ends with a strong children choir. Also you can find songs of many artists like Aerosmith, INXS, Lou Gramm, etc. in this movie.


I remember that I liked the music and the look of the vampires overall, because they really don’t scare, and seem very friendly between the people of their same situation. They look like common people, they don’t hide or locked themselves on a coffin, but they go to parties and know new people, etc. Vampires were as a different family, but they were lost, they live in an abyss of being a myth of the town, as a spoken collective fear.

I think that I liked everything of the movie, I can’t see anything wrong with it. Also, I used it to do works to the university, for example, to see the Sublime Aesthetic in the vampire figure, in the music, the camera sequences, the light, etc. It was very useful to me.


An interpretation of the figure of “Lost Boys”, that in Spanish became something as “The Lost Generation”, could be that the vampires as a social figure that could be any social corp, that it’s been discriminated for any reason. The lost generation of vampires is the young generation of 80’s that results of the precedents revolutions and social changes, the dictatorships, the mercantilism, etc. and don’t have things to do, they are the victims of whom future is hit rocks… looking for fun as an breakout. Or maybe other interpretation possible is that the lost boys are the darkest part of the social order, the necessary but sadly part, and to kill it have to kill the main, the top. Like if we want to stop the social inequality, we have to start from end society.

Pd: These are my questions:
- When did you see the film?
- What likes you of the film?
- What didn’t like to you of the film?
- Can you give some interpretation to the movie?

2 comments:

  1. maryyyy!! the blond guy seems a lot to "jack bawer" from "24" xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the feeling I may have seen this. I can't remember the plot, but the picture looks really familiar. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete