Saturday 25 September 2010

hAAPPY hOLIDAYS


Hello everybody, today I want to tell you about an important national topic of the present, it is the Mapuche conflict, and how I see it related with the last national holidays. This thing made an important pressure on what suppose to would be the perfect celebrations of 200 years of independence of our country. Beyond what I think, I want to tell you what I notice of this in my daily life, I mean, on the ordinary things from celebrate with my family, go out with my friends, till watching television and news. I made this decision because in my opinion it isn’t lower that the media still manipulating all the information of this case, and this is affecting to us all. They are lying us, and we started to care less and less about the Mapuche conflict, misplaced for the stupid news of showbiz. The media is hiding important information and just there is it’s lies. I don’t know what are they hiding with accuracy, but I’m really sure that I don’t care about if Malene Olivarí is a lesbian, or drug addict, I’m waiting to know something that really care to the Chilean people. If my opinion sounds a little exaggerated, I attribute this to the same myth that the media created arround the facts, and it have the consequence of also a nocive group created to itself.

Well, I haven’t answered all the questions of the present task, because I consider very important to talk about the media work, I believe is so important to discuss more of it. But I’m writting for a mark, so I want to answer some of them. I believe if the Mapuche people are judged without the transparency that they and the nation need, they are being judged absolutely unfairly. But this unfairly judgement has been doing above all the goverments, no matter the wing, always the conflict has been dilated through the years, without gain any real solution. I can't say if Piñera did or not a good job, I only can say that things haven't changed till today, is the same as always. I am only waiting for something... something good.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary
    I think you are quite right. Actually, I think a few weeks back I sent you an email related to this.
    It is quite shocking how the media has the power to distort and hide so much information. It is done in such a clever way that most of us don't even notice it or didn't. It is also related to the society we live in & a number of variables. Luckily, now we can open the eyes of others to see.

    ReplyDelete