Monday 6 September 2010

Flower strike



Hello everybody, today I want to tell you about many things related to our university. Well, for what I have to start? First, the topic of this time is not very clearly-defined for me, so I will write some things that maybe could be useful to comment. So, I believe one of the most important things that happened during the last month in the university was the student organization and their strike to improve the education in the country. In our career, I think the directing ones have managed to make theirselves heard, and get succesfully a way to organize the force the movement. We still have the problem of an insufficient participation of all the student body, but already there are much path covered.
That's because we had a assembly many times, and discuss what we want of the education in Chile, what we wait of this, and what we specifically could be real, I mean, what of all those year of dreaming would come true finally.
Ok, the part of the student organization is there and at work. Many ideas result of the gatherings, and then, we make an unconscious slogan of fighting, a protest to get the promise of a top-quality education on Chile. Now, I wonder how we are protesting? How do the strike goes? I think is terrible. In our career is so much difficult to make people go to the strike in the streets, is quite a miracle if a few students go there. This is one problem, and the other is that some students think that violence is necessary to get changes. I think this is true, but there are many ways of violence, I believe that burn things on the streets and a chemistry fight between the students and policemen are definitely unecessary.
We have to find out another new way to make ourselves be heard. We could think in protest with art, maybe...

Love, Mary.

3 comments:

  1. I believe that this is thing of each one.
    Nobody can force to nothing.
    Some people think that this thinks are not very important in comparison with other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both of you. However, I strongly believe that those people who are not willing to fight somehow(some sort of expression) will regret it in the future. What society needs to see nowadays is that we are not alone, and we cannot just worry about our square meter.
    Therefore, art is a fantastice way to express feelings. This is very succesful and peaceful. Go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mary we miss you today (yes i came to classes XD)

    ReplyDelete