Friday 20 August 2010

The possessed Barbie


Hello everybody. Today I want to tell you about a concert that I went this summer. It was on the Tuesday 25th of January, a damned hot day in the Riding Club of Santiago, Chile. Always I was very excited to see one of my favorite bands, so when I knew that METALLICA came to Chile, I started to save money with a group of friends. So, when the time has come, we were all ready. We had to make and wait in a large line before we finally enter to the club, that had blocks and blocks of measure… It was so exhausted, but nothing compares to the waiting inside, without any type of shadow over us, at least. Hours and hours there, dehydrating myself, all the evening there to nine o clock when the gig began. I know it sounds horrible, but it was not that terrible. At nine the concert began and all the effort and the grief was forgotten by all the fans screaming for their idols. I enjoyed all that day, with the bad and good things that happened, because Metallica is an influence to all the actual bands, and that makes it important to the history of rock and metal, and I don’t regret for the reputation like a crazy headbanger girl, or “as a possessed Barbie” like a friend said, cause Metallica make that to girls like me with the classic "Master of puppets". That’s why I decided to go to this concert, because I would never forgive myself not been there. So I tell you, if you were there, you rock! And if you not, I probably mustn’t write here what I think about you. No, I'm just joking, but seriously, it was amazing, a great memory to keep to the rest of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi mari:
    I'm sure it was a fantastic experience for you,to have the opportunities of seeing your favourite band live.
    Even though I'm not a Metallica fan (sorry but I don't even like them... don't hate me for it) I can understand how music can make us go crazy.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    I was a poor little child at those days, I had no money and I used to think there was no need to see the bands I liked alive, I always though that concerts were a dirty, crazy thing, were a lot of monkey-like metal fans fought each other to get closer to the stage but after the last Open Blondie and the Epica concert, I know I'd missed the middle of my life lol... the music events are the best cathartic moment in our lifes.
    So I congratulate you because you made the discover many years after me, so you had enjoyed the music alive more than many other people.
    Bye :)

    ReplyDelete