Friday 13 August 2010

Education, made in Chile.

Hello dear classmates. Today I will tell you about something that capted my thinking during this week, is about education in our country, especially, the university education. Not long ago, I heard about a new proyect by the Education Ministry to give an incentive to all the students that will enter at university to study some career about pedagogy. The objetive is to increase the number of graduated techers in Chile and improve the quality of education. The incentive become reality with material settings, like credits, even money, free university fee, etc., all to relieve the economic burden of the students that enter to the university. That's all what I heard and I don't know the details, so maybe I am just lying... But it is not my intention. I have some worry about this proyect also. I will be short. I think this is a good way to incentive students, in fact, this method will get its objetives. But, I believe it has to extend to students that started maybe until three years ago to study pedagogy, because they did it without any incentive, whatever the kind of this. Maybe they did it for vocation, and I believe it deserves a prize. Even the graduated teachers that had excel in their works, deserve one. I think is the time to be fair and reward the work maded.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I’ve just read your blog.
    The true is that I didn't knew much about this news, seem like I’m very lost about what is going on. However, for what you wrote it looks like the objective of this plan is to get more people into the teaching profession, if it’s that so, wouldn’t that make that people with no vocation turn into teachers? If the finality of this is to make better teachers, then I don’t know how that’s gonna work. Anyway I’m happy for those who really have the vocation and now have the chance of getting this benefice.
    Bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I think the objective is introduce the market logic in education, we have a bussines in the possesion of schools, now the teachers will have to think about themselves like a bussinesman do it, they will have to sell themselves and things like vocation will disapear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diego, I think you are right, but I'm not sure about if this politic will introduce the marker logic in education, I think it pass so many years ago, this way will increase that, but it still be an incentive to people that have vocation. Let's hope something good about this...
    :)

    ReplyDelete